Monday, August 03, 2009


Our family is organizing a team for the JDRF Walk for a Cure on August 29th. This is our first year doing this and I couldn't be more excited! I have been busy trying to recruit people to our team and raising money to reach our goal of $1000.
If anyone living in the Salt Lake City area (or want to travel I suppose) and want to be part of our team please go HERE and sign up. We would LOVE to have you join us! Your efforts with raising money will help out a ton too!
If you want to just donate to our team you may go HERE. Even a dollar will be super helpful! And thanks in advance, you will never know how much this means to us!
This is going to be so much fun! I have participated in walks before like the Relay for Life. We did that as a family for a few years in a row. I even have organized a walk a thon for elementary school kids that was with the Muzak Heart and Soul foundation. They were all really cool, but this one hits home a little more than the others. To think that with our efforts there could be a cure for diabetes! What an awesome thing! I think about how diabetes has changed our lives, then I think of how much a CURE COULD CHANGE OUR LIVES and I get emotional! (I know what you are thinking, I am just an emotional person lately anyway!LOL!)
To someday say that she USED to have type 1 diabetes would be a fabulous thing people! SIMPLY FABULOUS!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I'm in.

Wendy said...

You're gonna love it :) It's such an amazing experience!!!!