Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Lightning McQueen Birthday Cake

When you promise a little boy that you are going to make a race track cake with Lightning McQueen on it for his birthday, you can't go back on your word no matter what! Not even if you can't find a Lightning McQueen car for the top of the cake. Now you could try to hunt down the lady that purchased ALL the Lightning McQueen cars at Wal Mart and see if you can buy one from her, but come on this is impossible. You could continue to drive from store to store all night until you find one, but after looking at many stores and they are out too you have to wonder if there is any in the entire state of Utah. So instead I dreamt all night long about the lack of Lightning McQueen car for his birthday cake. Every time I would close my eyes I would hear "Kachow!" or "I am faster than fast! I am Lightning McQueen!" and see that bright red car staring at me. Then I would see the tears streaming down my little dude's face when I told him there are no more Lightning McQueen cars any were and that we will have to do something else. This dream sequence kept coming all night. I got NO SLEEP!

When I woke up my dear mother said that I could use the little Lightning McQueen cars that she bought for him for his birthday to put on the cake! Just as long as he knows it is from Grandma and Grandpa! Awesome! Problem solved! Now I just have to make the dang cake! Wish me luck!


****** UPDATE*******
For those of you that are looking to see the actual cake, check it out here.

3 comments:

suzspeaks said...

Until I read the last paragraph, I was thinking that I could overnight you one of our lightening cars!!!

I can't wait to see pictures of your cake. I think we're having a mcQueen party in April! Good Luck!

Kat said...

LOL-Oh the things we do for our children!

Anonymous said...

LOL!. My daughter turns 4 this weekend and she wants a lightning McQueen theme....last year she was all princessy and stuff. So much for mummy buying disney princes stuff on sale last year!