Sunday, May 07, 2006

Praise to the Man.

I remember back when I was in high school, I used to drive my family crazy by sitting in my room and listening to music all hours of the day. My favorite was to turn on some slow music and lay on my bed just before I went to sleep. I loved the thoughts that would come into my head from the different types of music. Today, while I sit at my computer to process the hundreds of pictures that I have taken lately, my collection of Jack Johnson is playing. It has caused me to think more deeply into all that is going on in my life. So what do I do with all these thoughts now? Well, I blog about them of course!
There has been a lot going on lately. Not just with how busy I have been, but with more personal things. Things that I have reached clear down into my soul and pulled out feelings that have been put away for a while. I am not going to get into details about those things (They are just things that the internet just doesn't need to know right now. Sorry friends.) but they are things that cause me to reflect on the past and my future. I feel that I am always doing this. Maybe it is normal, maybe not. Either way, it helps to evalute all that is going on in this little heart of mine. Make sure that it is still working, let alone working with my brain. Here is one thing that has been on my mind that I just don't say enough. So here it is.

My husband makes me feel like a queen. He takes care of me, he listens to me, he loves me. He will walk up to give me a hug while I am doing my hair, or while doing the dishes. He kisses me on the cheek every morning while I am still asleep when he leaves for the gym before the sun comes up. He doesn't get mad when he comes home from work and the house is a mess, dinner isn't fully made and all I want to do is rest on the couch. He understands that I have had a rough day and that I need a break. When things get really bad and I am extra grumpy he gives me the money and time go shopping or go get a pedicure. He comes home from grocery shopping with my favorite Little Debbie chocolate brownies, and doesn't mind too much when I eat the entire box. He holds me tight and plays with my hair every night before he goes to sleep. He is the most amazing man that I will ever know. I am so glad that we both started our jobs at Snowbird the same week back in 1998 so that I could get to know him. So that we could fall in love, get married, have a home, start a family and live forever in love. I am very grateful for him and all that he does, and all that he has accomplished. I couldn't ask for a better partner in crime.

We have grown up together. We have grown stronger together. We have grown a little bit apart then back together again. We have grown spiritually together. We have become so much. He is my best friend. Today, I want to sing his praises. I want him to know how much I love him. How much I long for him when he is gone, and get all gitty when he comes back home. I want him to know that I think that our time together is never long enough. That I look to him for my strength most days. I want him to know that I love the spirit that he brings into our home. Most of all, I want him to know that I love the way that he makes me feel.

I love you hubby! You are the best thing that has ever happend to me. Without you, I would have nothing!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Music, is such a big part of my life too. And Jack Jonhson is my new favorite.Its the only thing that soothes my son at night.
p.s- how did you get music to play on your blog...i've tried for months but my computer hates me.

trisha said...

wow! that is really moving. what a great relationship you two share! almost brought tears to my eyes reading that one :)

suzspeaks said...

I would say you are VERY blessed! I'm so happy for you~~

MommyOutOfControl said...

You are one blessed woman...what a fabulously honest post! You and your husband are lucky and blessed to have such a great relationship! Congrats!
Jamie