Thursday, June 29, 2006

Where I am From

Thanks to 8 hours for the tip on this writing exercise. Everyone should try it. I caught myself thinking about things and people that I haven't thought of in a long time.

Where I am From.

I am from 5 cent slot machine, from Ironport and Cherry and Macintosh.
I am from Fruit trees in the back yard. Family snowmobiling trips and the smell of Sunday dinner

I am from the home grown pumpkins, wild roses and tulips in the front yard.

I am from singing “Tiny Angels” on Christmas eve and faithful and unwavering, from Aunt Clarece and two Uncle Rogers and Eckersell.

I am from the making meals for everyone and tickle attacks.

From remember who you are and your family is more important than your friends.

I am from Faithful Mormon falling away, then finding myself again.

I'm from West Jordan and Rigby, Omelets and corned beef hash.

From the Senator and Mortician that lived in a Funeral Home, the owning and fling an airplane, the married for over 60 years.

I am from the old boxes in my parents basement that look and smell old but make me very proud every time I see them.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Very cool. I'll have to try that one.

Becca G said...

This is cool! I'm going to use it at our family reunion. It'll be great to put down some memories from everyone and their different perspectives. I spent some time writing mine. It's satisfying to read and fun to share. Thanks for sharing with me!!!