Saturday, October 21, 2006

A new chapter in life.

In one week a new chapter will start in our lives. We will be moving out of this house and into my parents house for a few weeks. It is a scary thing. No, not moving in with my parents, that will be kind of fun. We signed the papers for this house to be built on our 1 year anniversary. We moved in young, with no kids and we were just at a very different place in life. In the last 5 years things have changed. We have 2 1/2 kids now. I am a stay at home mom. My husband is finally happy at his job and we have a lot more experience behind our belts now. It is hard to leave something where our lives pretty much began. This house represents us. Everything about this house is ours, what we wanted, what we started. Plus leaving all those awesome families in the neighborhood that we have grown so close to and have learned to love. We have so many good friends here. We have really felt a part of the neighborhood family and have seen other's family grow, and change for the better. I am scared. Am I justified?

The new life in our new house does excite me though. It is going to be fun to put our stamp on it by fixing it up the way we want. The more room will be awesome! The bigger yard to have a much bigger garden will be so much fun. I hope that the people that we will meet will accept us and who we are. I hope we can make as good of friends as we have here. Also the kids will be in a better school district. The best part is that with changes come blessings and joy. Right? Lets pray so, because if not we have made a mistake.

So for the next week I will be packing the rest of all my crap (and there is a ton of it) and trying to prepare myself for what is to come. I will try to post when I can, but it probably won't be very much. While we are staying at my parents we will be working hard on cleaning, fixing walls and the ceiling, and getting new carpet. When we get all moved in I promise a post of before and after pictures. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Good luck sweetie, moving can be a scary and exciting thing.I'm so happy for you guys!