Most parents don't have to call poison control ever while their kids are young. Me however, I have called twice in the last year. The first time was when my little dude was playing in the back yard and ate one of those mushrooms growing in the grass. I thought that those things being poisonous was a myth. Guess what, it isn't! They are dangerous, but he didn't eat the kind that was. Thank goodness!
The second time that I had to call was last night. My kids wanted a treat. I told them no. So what did they do? Get into the Vitamin C bottle and ate half the bottle. We assume that they had about 30,000 ml of Vitamin C. That's a lot! The guy at poison control said that we needed to keep them awake (it was bed time) and flush out their systems. So until almost midnight we kept the kids awake trying to get them to drink as much as they can! Then the rest of the night I was up helping them pee!
One last thing you should go visit my new friend Becky and give her good wishes! She just found out that she is going to have a baby in April. Just like me! But they have been trying for a few years, so this is great news for them!