Saturday, February 13, 2010

Life

When life gets crazy it is hard for me to post anything. It isn't just finding the time but also narrowing it down to one thing to talk about. I need to come to terms that a bullet point post isn't as horrible as I always feel that it is. I need to remind myself that I don't just blog for my followers (Hi guys!) but I blog to keep a record of our family life and be able to check off one more commandment.

So anyway, here is my bullet point post since I just don't know where to begin to catch up...

~ The school nurse did call me to come fight for the school nurses in front of the school board. Unfortunately I couldn't go. The night they were holding the meeting was the night that jetBlue cancelled a few hundred flights on the East Coast because of some serious snow storms. There was no way I was going to be able to get off work. I feel guilty, like I missed my chance to fight for what I know is right! I don't know what decision was made yet and honestly I am scared to know. I pray that they didn't make the wrong choice!

~ Speaking of work it is I.N.S.A.N.E I am so tired I could scream. Since jetBlue switched to the new operating system I have been required to work a minimum of 7 hours of overtime each week. I feel like that is all that I do...hello it is what I am doing right now. Luckily it is really slow. The pay is good, and I am feeling more confident with the new system, but I miss my family.

~ There is a bit of drama about our medical insurance. To keep it short they cancelled us again. WITHOUT NOTICE might I add. We found out when we were trying to get the kids prescriptions. I have left messages and they won't call me back. I have no answers and I am pretty dang grumpy about it. This means that Little Man won't be able to get his pump until it is all worked out. Hopefully it gets worked out very soon. I hope that it is an easy fix.

~ So Little Dude accidentally got hit in the eye with a bouncy ball the other day. At first his eye looked blood shot and was pretty sore. That night it was painful enough that it woke him up. The next morning was the first time I saw it. It looked as though the eye was bleeding and had filled the blue part of his eye with blood. I made an appointment for him to be seen that day. The Dr. looked at it and basically told us this his eye was bleeding on the inside and what we could see was the bruise it leaves. He looked and made sure there wasn't permanent damage and everything looked ok but he did have one concern, that his pupil wasn't dilating. He put the drops in his eyes to force it to dilate to see if it would work. It did, but as soon as that wore off the next day it was "stuck" and not dilating again. I called the Dr. back and he said there very well could be permanent damage to the nerve. He called in some dilating drops for us to put in his eye 3 times a day for 7 days. This will stop the bleeding in the eye and help the pupil to be forced open so the nerve could heal. Or if worse comes to worse and it is going to be stuck forever they need it stuck in the dilated position. We will not know for sure if this is permanent or not for about a week. Until then he can't play, run, hop, wrestle, or even go to school for a week. He has to wear sunglasses every time he is in bright light, and he has doctor's orders to take it easy. He has been a good sport about it so far. His bestest buddy (the one that accidentally hit him) wrote him the cutest get well card and has even been over with his drawing book to just keep him company while he takes it easy. He is such a good friend to him, and it just makes his so happy to see him. I am pretty sure that he is going to be ok. I think that it just needs time to heal.

~ I have mentioned that my sister in law is getting married in a few weeks. I am so excited for her! I have been asked to be the Maid of Honor so I have been doing my best to help her in any way I can. I took some pictures for her (which you can see at my photography blog if you want to. I did her bridals today so stay tuned for those) and have been busy planning a bridal shower for her. I am on the hunt for a light blue or silver dress, but I am having a very hard time finding the time to go shopping. Even though we are all busy trying to get things together, it will be worth it!

~ My grandfather turned 80 today. We were able to go to a dinner celebration tonight with my family. My dad put together the most touching video for him. While watching it I got choked up thinking about how wonderful of a man he is. He has always been so fun and such an amazing example. My father has been taught many of the traits that my grandfather has and tonight I couldn't feel more blessed to have these wonderful men in my life. It was a wonderful evening!

~ I am trying so hard to come up with something super fun for my 10 year wedding anniversary next week. I am currently accepting any ideas so please shoot them my way if you can think of something!

~ And lastly for now (since I am now off work, and my hubby is waiting to watch a movie with me) I wanted to tell my hubby how much I love him. He means the world to me. He works so hard for us yet he is always trying to do fun things as a family. Happy Valentines Trev! I love you!

6 comments:

Reyna said...

Seriously, just got exhausted reading about your life as of late...you are one busy lady!

Please keep us up-to-date on the school thing...if it doesn't pan out, we need to write letters, go to the board of ed etc. It really angers me when our children are put in unsafe situations.

Keep up the good work...with the OT etc, hopefully it will slow down soon. I don't know how you do it...I just work a couple of part time jobs and only have one T1 child. Happy Valentines Day...

phonelady said...

yeah gotta love those insurance companys that cancel you without notice !! I hope little man gets better soon and his eye is okay I will pray for him and for your family that it all gets better soon .

RaCeNMoMmY said...

Shannon you are truly an amazing person. I had no idea in high school what a wonderful, strong, & faithful person you are. You probably didn't know either. I pray that things will work out on your insurance. Oh & poor little dude, that has to be painful. Keep us updated on his progress. I don't have any good ideas for your anniversary but if or when you come up with some, send them my way. My 10 year anniversary is this year too. How crazy, huh?!! Especially with how young we still are;) And I really want to get some family pics done this spring & am hoping you'd be available to do them. Let me know. I tried emailing you a while back but not sure if I've got the right email for you.

Tracy said...

Thanks for the update! Sounds like you have been busy. :)

Hope Little Dude's eye ends up healing fine. :)

Hope the insurance and nurse issues work out ok too!

Laura said...

Wow - I hope things slow down a bit for you to catch your breath. Poor Little Dude, I hope that eye heals quickly and properly.


While you are working out your insurance issues will you please let me know if you need anything.

Holly said...

Busy busy busy! The pictures look great. I am excited for her. I am sorry to hear about big brother's eye but if it is any consolation, something similar happened to my brother and, while the damage was permanent, about the only thing he has to do is wear sunglasses in bright light (like outside - not indoor light). His eye won't dilate down (or is that contract?) but he is fully functioning and doesn't need any other medical intervention - he doesn't even wear reading glasses.