Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sleepy Peeing

My husband and I were laying in bed watching a little TV before we went to sleep last night. My little dude had been asleep for hours, but I started to hear his little sleepy shuffle. He shuffled into our room and headed strait for the bathroom. He gets up in the middle of the night almost every night to use our bathroom, but usually he comes in crying that he has to go pee. He turns on the light and crys again that he needs help. (He doesn't but I guess in the middle of the night anyone can be needy.) Then he usually wants to cuddle to put him back to sleep. Well last night he didn't do any of that. He just did his little sleepy shuffle into our bathroom, not saying a word. He dropped his drawers and started to pee. Then I noticed that he hadn't turned on the light. He was peeing in the dark. I was grateful that he was actually in the bathroom, but afraid of what I was going to find when he was done. The funny part about this story is that he was so sound asleep still that as he walked out of the bathroom he turned on the light and then went right to bed. My hubby and I where laughing so hard. Little kids should not be peeing in the dark. I have heard of little boys sleep peeing and going somewhere like in the boots that where in the hallway closet. (Yea Dad, all I could think about last night was that story.) I am very glad that he didn't do something like that. It is still funny that he didn't even wake up to go. Silly little dude.

Our trip to Idaho was tons of fun. I have some pictures that I will post soon. Maybe tomorrow. Have a great Thursday everyone!

2 comments:

Kat said...

LOL that was great, thanks for sharing.

MommyOutOfControl said...

That was just the laugh I was in need of...oh boys, what would we do without them?
Jamie