Friday, May 01, 2009

Today, I am not laughing!

My Little Man is a little turd.

First of all he got into my purse. When he brought me something from it, I went and cleaned it all up and put it up high. I shortly realized that there were a few things missing like

my debit card
my cash for tithing
my check book


I looked all over the house but couldn't find them anywhere! Well, I kind of forgot about it until I went to the grocery store today to get a few essentials. I unloaded the cart at the register and reached into my purse to get my card and like getting hit with a 2 x 4 I remembered. I had to pack the kids in the car, drive home, get a new book of checks, drive back to the store to get my stuff. I was trying to be patient.....but everyone knows I am not a very patient person.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I was on the phone with my hubby...."Hi honey, the jeep got impounded today for parking in a parking lot that is apparently made to NOT park in. I just got it back. I am on my way home now." (an arm and a leg later) I walk into the kitchen where Little Man was just 2 minutes before. He wasn't there! "Honey, I can't find Little Man. I will call you later!" I started to look everywhere. I couldn't find him. I started to look outside. NOWHERE! I was panicking! The phone rings "Hi! I have a little visitor down here. He was knocking on my door. Just thought I would let you know!" He had walked to the end of the circle to go play with the kids. No surprise he went there. That is all my kids favorite place to be! But still totally unexpected!

I hate it when toddlers learn to open doors!

Thank Jen for saving him!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Are you sure he's TWO??? Seriously, THAT sounds like something a 4 or 5 year old would do!!!! That is a little scary....and a little naughty....and since he's ok, a wee bit funny. That kid is going to give you some interesting times when he's 16!!! :)

Amy said...

Girly- I'm feeling your pain! We have one just like him who is now 8 years old and still keeps us on our toes- but is a joy to be around! Never a dull moment- don't worry- somehow your sanity will remain intact! :)

RaCeNMoMmY said...

at least you're never bored. sneaky kid. you should put bells on his shoes, lol!

Jen said...

I didn't do much saving - I just opened the door. I'm glad he knew where his siblings were and came here! (Or maybe he remembered the crackers my boys gave him, and wanted more!)

Holly said...

Oy! This brings back a bad memory! It's funny now, but one day we had the whole grocery store/no checks/no card/no cash experience. It wasn't a big deal, I was just going to run across the street to Chase and get some money out of my account....but you'd have thought the cashier had told Robbie she wasn't just keeping his food...but all food, forever. He started bawling and howling "They took our food, mommy, they took our food!!!". This was like three months ago...and so embarrassing I can't even tell you. he was still doing it when we got to the bank. People must have thought he was starving.