Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day.

Let me first say that I don't really HATE Mother's day. I just have had a history of having a nervous breakdown on Mother's Day. Granted I have almost always had a newborn on Mother's Day, and lack of sleep just does that to you. But since it has happened almost every year it has just become another day to me. Not too special.

Today was different though. It all started with my hubby taking me to go get some shoes last night (since that was what I really wanted.).I was given flowers to wake up to this morning too. I woke up to happy kids that were eager to give me cards and pictures and stuff made just for me. They gave me a killer card with my kids yelling "Happy Mother's Day" recorded on it, a big case of Dr. Pepper and a candy bar! I loved it! On top of that the kids and my hubby folded the HUGE mountain of laundry that has been mocking me since I started my job. After church we had a BBQ and ate outside on the deck. Then went to see my sisters and my awesome mom and just had a good time.

They all tried to make this day special for me, and I didn't shed a tear once. I wasn't frustrated or upset over anything stupid and I made it through the day.

Even though I said I hate Mother's Day that doesn't mean that I am ungrateful for my kids, my hubby, and the chance that I get to be apart of their lives. I LOVE it! They are the best family! I love what they do for me and what they teach me every day! I love being a mom!

I can't forget to mention too that I have the most AMAZING mother in the entire world! Without her I really don't know where I would be today! She is a great example to me of love, charity, and kindness. She is teaching me (I will always need to be taught) how to be a good mom. I love her and I am grateful for her!

Overall today was an awesome day! Thank you kids! Thank you Trevor! I love you guys!

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad there was no meltdown and you enjoyed your day. Hopefully you can start a new trend!

Jen said...

Ya, I think Mother's Day gets better every year. Maybe it's because the kids are older and can help more, or maybe I've just lowered my expectations. Glad yours was great!!

Amber said...

Sounds like a great day-with no tears!
Post some pics of your new shoes so we can all be jealous... :)

Laurie said...

Sounds like a GREAT day! I love that they surprised you AND folded laundry!!