Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A little Scared

Ok I am really scared!

This economy crap really keeps me awake at night. I feel that I have missed my opportunity to be prepared. We have been warned so many times before to be financially prepared and to have a food storage ready for any time of need. We have been living for almost 4 months without an income (well much of one anyway) and the end isn't looking bright. Not really the job thing, I have faith that it will work out somehow (if anyone knows of anyone that is hiring email me!) but it is more of the getting back on our feet that I am worried about.

Everyone says you need to be putting away money, that you need to pay off debt, that you need to protect your credit score in order to not be totally effected by this financial crisis. Well when you are in a position where you don't have hardly any money coming in this isn't as easily done. When my hubby does get a job I am really, really, really afraid that it is going to be too late.

I am kicking myself that I didn't heed to the council that has been given.

Count this as lesson learned!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Don't kick yourself too hard. I really think that politicians and the media are hyping these things up. (Look at my blog today in a few hours to see my complete opinion.) I also think that you are doing an excellent job in becoming prepared. Do you see anyone else on the block with chickens, or a freezer and storage room full of newly canned food? Above all the rest, you are righteous! And the Lord will bless you no matter what happens in the outside world!

Holly said...

Jen is right - it is being hyped up a lot. If someone tells you we're in a depression you should grab them by the shoulders and shake them. Then say - "that was a terrorist attack". The media just wants to sell ad space and they're turning a slump into a disaster. I know it feels twice as bad because of your present circumstances but I wouldn't give up hope just yet...