Thursday, October 09, 2008

My 5 Goals to help my life be easier.

Last year about this same time I posted a list of goals that I has for myself. Working on these goals didn't go over well. I was really frustrated with so many things that I tried to tackle too many things at once. The goals I listed where big things. Things that would take awhile to do. Those goals were/are important yes, but it just wasn't going to work for me.
I have more goals to post today. These goals are hopefully ones that are just going to make my life easier. They are things that I should be doing anyway, and I do...some days. The point is, I want to get my life back in clean working order again. I think that by having these goals to do them every day is going to help. I hope they do and I promise to myself that I will not be hard on myself if I don't do them.
My hubby always says " To set a goal and not achieve it is not being a failure. But to not set goals in the first place is being failure."
So here we go. The 5 things that are going to make my life easier.
#1 I have been super tired lately. No energy to speak of. Yes, I am sick, but I still think that I need to work on getting to bed earlier and waking up earlier. With the amount of stress in my life I think that I need all the rest that I can get.
#2 I need to be more prepared. Specifically, in the mornings. It has become a nasty habit to not shower until after the kids go to school. Our morning are crazy, no one wants to be awake. (see why #1 is important) I need to be a better example with being ready before I wake up the kids. Prepare them a better breakfast too. I think this will help me to feel like I have more time in the days.
#3 I want to actually do my "Brain Box". This is Marie Ricks', from the house of order, idea on getting house work done. It is a box that I made that goes by the days of the week, and instead of thinking everyday about what I should get done, it tell me what I need to do. I am really tired of living in chaos and everything is always a mess.
#4 I want to be better about being more spiritual. Weekly family home evening, daily scripture study, and morning and nightly prayers. This will help with every aspect of my life.
#5 Patience. I really need to work on this. It will help when playing with the kids, with homework, with life. I need to focus on the bright and happy, let go of the petty and annoying.
With taking it day by day I really think this is going to work. I will report as often as I can so I can share my success.
What are your goals for this new season?

3 comments:

Holly said...

My goal....um, read fewer blogs and get more work done. Not going well so far! I blame you. ;-)

fivecutekids said...

Hi this is Bailey's mom Carrie. WoW! Your goals make me want jump on the band wagon and be more prepared, more organized, more family-home-eveningish too. I'm sure you are doing a great job and by posting your goals for all to see....you are much braver than I. Good Luck in staying on track, you left 1 goal out....HAVE FUN and enjoy the ride. Thanks for your post.

Amy Mitchell said...

Great goals! I wanna hear more about the Brain Box thingy... sounds like something I need!