Friday, October 17, 2008

My cousin and her awesome family.

This is my cousin Marianne and I. I have always been very close to her and her family. In fact when Marianne and I were younger, people used to think that we were twins. We are the same age, we look lots alike and we were always together. Since we have gotten older we don't look as much alike, but our grandma still has a hard time telling us apart when we call. (Hi Grandma! You know that I have the same problem too! She sounds just like me!)

The cool thing about Marianne is that she has this awesome gift. She knows me. When I have had a moment that I needed to talk to someone any time in my life she just shows up and she is there. We can even go SO long without talking and in a moment of my weakness there she is. The other day I was feeling really down, sick, tired, stressed, overwhelmed and just down right sorry for myself and there she was. I am grateful for her and her friendship that we have shared our entire lives.

As I said before I feel pretty close to her entire family. Her older sister Susan has always been there for me too! I remember a time when she came to visit me shortly after I moved into my apartment in High School. She came to visit when I felt so shut out from everyone else. That visit meant so much to me. She also watched my kids for me when I went to girl's camp!

Then there is my Aunt and Uncle. I can't name all the times they have been there for us! There are just so MANY! Can you believe that when my hubby and I were in desperate need of a car one time and had no money to speak of they GAVE us a car! Really they are so giving! Just the other day my Aunt sent me a box of Ziploc bags just so we can freeze some peaches.

Everyone in this family are great examples of being Christ-like! I am in debt to them. I can't say thank you enough. I just hope I can be just as awesome someday!

6 comments:

Holly said...

You're lucky to have such a great family nearby. And...you do still look a bit alike!

Lisa B Nell said...

Guess what Shannon? You ARE that awesome! :)

suefoutz said...

how could we not love you? You make it so easy.

Courtney said...

Awwwww. You are lucky to have people like that in your life!

Unknown said...

I can see a little resemblance. I always think of Miss Holly and think we should adopt her as our cousin...whatdoyathink?

Marianne said...

You are not supposed to make me cry either and you know it is a two way street with the feeling thing. You always know when to call!! Thanks for always being there too! love ya