Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Pregnancy news

I haven't really talked tons lately about me being pregnant. I thought that I would write a few things about it for those that care. Also for me to look back on someday and remember this time.

First of all I did end up going back to my old doctor. This was a hard decision for me to make for some reason. I didn't want to cause myself any more stress in my life it was going to be a pain. Every time I would drive pass the hospital (which is less than 5 minutes away) where my old doctor was I would have the feeling that I needed to switch back to him. So I did it and I am very glad that I followed my heart.

Things are going ok though. I have had some really bad problems with my sciatic nerve, and some back pain, but it seems this week I might be ok, there hasn't been much pain. Sleeping sucks though. I have entered the stage where I can't get comfy, and it is a big process to change positions. I work through it though.

At every doctor's appointment that I have had in the last few months my blood pressure has been a little bit high, and I have had a trace of protein in my urine. These are signs of toxemia, but they are not too concerned about it yet. It is however the same way that it all started when I was pregnant with my little dude. I ended up being put on bed rest for 6 weeks until he was born. It was not fun at all. But for right now they are just going to watch it and I am just going to keep myself healthy and pray every day that I don't get it with this little guy too.

I feel huge! I have gained 20 lbs. (OUCH!) and I feel bigger and bigger every day. Oh well, it is all part of the game right? This little guy is one active kid too. He loves to kick and kick and kick right as I lay down to go to sleep. There have been some nights that he has kept me up for hours just by moving and kicking. Typical little boy!

We did decide on a name for him. Just like my other kids I won't call him by name here on my blog. I will have to come up with a cute nick name. I will tell you this though, as much as I liked all the names that were suggested here, we have decided on something else. I am excited and it seems to fit so perfect!

I can't believe that I have 10 weeks left. Actually a little less. The time has gone by really fast! I have been wanting to get things ready for him, but there is just so much stuff that I need to do. You would think that with him being my 3rd kid I would have everything, but nope. Oh well, it is fun to buy him his own stuff.

Well that is it for now. Hopefully things go really smooth for the next ten weeks. And maybe I will give another update in a few more weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah...Toxemia it seems that we've had a little bit of experience with that in the past :S I don't wish that on anyone. Hopefully you're able to stay away from it.

Maybe you should call him SoccerBoy ;)