Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A Tribute to the year 2006

I saw this over at alisonwonderland and thought that I would fill out this survey about the year 2006.

1. Where did you ring in 2006? At home playing poker with some friends.

2. What was your status on Valentine's Day? Married with children.

3. Were you in school anytime this year? No.

4. How did you earn your keep? Wedding photography, but that isn't a full time job. So I guess in order for my hubby to want to keep me around I had to take care of the kids and the house. ;)
5. Did you ever have to go to the hospital? Nope.

6. Did you ever encounter the police? Unfortunatly when my jeep was broken into and my purse was stollen.

7. Where did you go on vacation? The big one was to Mazatlan, Mexico. We also went to Idaho a few times.

8. What did you purchase that was over $500? Oh man do I have to list it all? Well there was my hubby's motorcycle, our new house, remodeling the new house, my trip to Mexico, my new camera, and beds for the kids. That is about all that I can think of right now, but I do think that is enough.

9. Did you know anybody who got married? I am willing to bet that I attended more weddings this last year than most have in 10 years combined. Almost all of them I didn't know though. But I did have a few cousins get married and also a few friends.

10. Did you know anybody who passed away? One of my mom's dear friends just died before Christmas, then there were lots of people in my old neighborhood that lost babies before they were born.

11. Did you run into anybody you graduated high school with? Since I live pretty close to where I graduated I run into people all the time that I graduated high school with.

12. Did you move anywhere? Yup!

13. What sporting events did you go to? Little dude's soccer games in the spring.

14. What concerts did you go to? None that I can think of.

15. Are you registered to vote? Yes.

16. If so, did you do your patriotic duty on November 7? No, I am really lazy when it comes to voting.

17. Where do you live now? Salt Lake County, Utah

18. Describe your birthday. Packed all day, then got take out for dinner.

19. What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2006? I have two, the first is let my husband buy a motorcycle. The other is got pregnant. After the last one I swore I was never going to do it again, but I knew that our family wasn't done yet.

20. What is one thing you regretted this year? I look back and feel that I could have been less lazy. I could have kept up the house better and taken the kids out more often to do fun things.

21. What's something you learned about yourself? That being in control isn't always the best place to be. If things don't happen the way that I planned them to be, the world isn't over. Also trying to guess what the future holds is setting myself up for failure.

22. Any new additions to your family? I had two nephews that were born in 2006, and will be adding one more to our own family in April.

23. What was your best month? This is a hard one, because there were so many good months. We have been very blessed this year so it is hard to reflect on one event and say it is better than the rest.

24. What from pop culture will you remember 2006 by? The year that Chris Daughtry should have won American Idol. Even though Taylor Hicks deserved it too, Chris shouldn't have been booted off.

2 comments:

alisonwonderland said...

i'm glad you did the survey too! it was fun for me to learn a little more about you!

Anonymous said...

Neat! I will have to do it too! I love the new look! Happy New year!