It is so hard for me to concentrate on anything lately. Which is why I haven't been blogging very much. I felt I needed to at least do an update to keep this blog going. So here you go another bullet point update.
- There was a HUGE weight lifted off my shoulders today. As some of you know as of Jan. 1st our insurance for the kids had to be reviewed. I was afraid that we weren't going to qualify due to income circumstances. Since the care for both of my diabetics alone costs me more than my mortgage payment, this has been something that I have been VERY stressed over. I got a call from them this morning basically telling me we didn't qualify. I cried on the phone...with a guy...a stranger.... I felt pretty pathetic. But he kept asking more questions about our income and such and found out there we do indeed qualify!!! But only for a few more months. I will take it. Then stress about it in April! I can't tell you how happy this made me!
- So since we will now have insurance for a few more months that means that my little man can get a pump next month!!!! He isn't ready for it, but we are still going to get it for when he is ready. Since the insurance covers it 100% we figure now is the time to get it.
- My hubby has been working lots of hours lately. This is great news for us. Last year at this time (and pretty much all year long) hours were a little hard to come by. I am super proud of him handling it the way he does and his willingness to work hard for our family! I love that guy!
-Speaking of my hubby he is training to do a triathlon this summer. He has been running and working out like crazy! He has been loving it! I can't wait to cheer him on!
- I got an email today from the JDRF asking if my Princess, my Little Man and I would be willing to speak at a luncheon for all the Merit Medical employees in a few weeks. I guess they have agreed to sponsor the Walk for a Cure this year and they are having a luncheon to kick off the fundraising and they wanted a family come in and talk about our lives with diabetes and why we want a cure. I am scared and honored to do this! I cried when I got the email. How am I going to stand in front of 100+ people and talk about it without loosing it? Oh well, go for the impact I guess! Princess can't wait for it!
- My new work schedule is in full swing and so far I love it! I get Saturday's off and even better I get to go back to church! I love it!
- My Little Dude is amazing! Super helpful and super smart. I have been finding things all over the house lately of him drawing pictures and writing captions on them. He even started writing a book. I can't tell you how creative he is! I will have to scan the pages in so you can see them! I am so proud of him and the success he has had this year!
- Although he is a good kid, Dude is feeling sort of a minority lately. He keeps saying things like "the diabetics are in the other room, can I have a bowl of ice cream?" Even though he doesn't have diabetes he is still trying to learn a new way of life right now too!
- I have been trying to hold things together here. I don't feel I am doing the greatest job most days and I try to not fall into a pit of depression, but when something wonderful happens there is much celebration! I have been trying to love myself more and not be so hard on myself and each day is a struggle. I am so thankful for friends and family that are supporting me and guiding me each day! I would have fallen hard a long time ago if it weren't for the wonderful people in my life.
- So I think that I might need to go get my thyroid checked again. I have been feeling really sluggish and tired almost all the time. I can't concentrate on anything for too long and I keep forgetting things. Maybe it is my environment, but I have a feeling it is my thyroid giving me problems again. Maybe it is a mixture of both!
- Last Saturday we had a day filled with taking pictures, and it wasn't me taking them this time (which was kind of nice actually) My parents, siblings and all of our kids had a big family picture taken. It was really fun and I can't wait to see them! Then shortly after we ran to Sugarhouse Park and the photographer for the Utah Jazz took our pictures for the JDRF. That was really cool too! They just took pictures of us playing. I can't wait to see those too!
Well ok, that is enough for tonight. Gotta go check blood sugar, make sure homework and reading got done, the get kids ready for bed.
If you made it this far through my long boring post you deserve a cookie! Oh and a thank you! THANKS!