Monday, March 10, 2008

Being Hunted - Another Mt. Biking Story

Right after Little Dude was born we thought that we would take a much needed break and go on a little weekend trip with my sister and her husband. We went up to some property that my brother in laws family owns in Fairview Canyon. We took our bikes and wanted to spent one day biking around. We hadn't been on the trail for long and he hear gun fire. It shot a couple of time then all of the sudden we hear the bullets zoom right past our heads. We all jumped off our bikes and some of us (ok maybe just me) ducked behind our bikes. Who ever it was shot a couple of more times with the bullets zooming around us before they stopped. My brother in law actually rode his bike close to where they were and yelled for them to stop. It was just some people target shooting and not being safe. They were shooting out into the open and it just so happened that we were there. I have never been so afraid in my life. Even thinking that someone is coming into my house in the middle of the night doesn't compare to being shot at. I remember not having any idea exactly where the bullets were coming from or how far away they were but they sounded close. I didn't know which way to duck or how to hide. (I am a bit of a baby!)

It ended up being a good day though. It was so beautiful up there. Here we are from left to right me, my hubby, my sister, and my brother in law. (Thanks Sis for the pictures! I am glad that you had some. Next time I will have to pack around my camera.)


Easy ride. Just what I needed after being shot at!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

what beautiful photos. I can't wait for spring/summer. I miss the good weather.

Becky said...

You've lived a dangerous life, girl! It's amazing you're still alive after the high-speed car chase and people shooting at you. You're living on the edge.