Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Morbid? To some. Normal to my family.

I found out the other day that EVERYONE in my family reads the obituaries every day.

Except me.

I actually thought this was really strange. Then I remembered that it is probably because my Great Grandpa was a mortician and the family still runs the business. I guess that it is just in the genes.

Except mine.

There is a part of me that still thinks that it is a little strange.

I still love you guys though!

Does anyone else read the obituaries everyday?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I confessed to this months ago (actually 3 months ago today).

I even admitted to this being strange, but do you know how many old friends/etc. I've found in there? It's actually kind of freaky.

Anonymous said...

During the press conference when they announced the new first presidency Pres Monson commented that he reads them everyday too. I think that I am just following the prophet.

Becca G said...

Quite a few people in my family read the Obits every day too. I don't. (I think it's a sign of old age- you see more people you know as you get older)

Man! muncey must be OLD!! (wink wink)

EngineeringNerd said...

I'm in your camp. I think it is pretty weird. I understand it, but I think it is weird.

Becky said...

I don't take the paper so I don't read the obits every day, but when I do read the paper I usually read them. I think it's more to see how people died, like I can somehow avoid going out the same way. My mom comes from a family of undertakers too. You can talk about anything at the dinner table without grossing her out.

Unknown said...

I used to when I was little, my grandparents took the paper. I don't take the paper now, so no. I like to read them though. I don't think it is morbid.

Chari said...

I read them every day, faithfully!!! If nothing else, I have to see who died. Surprisingly, we have found a number of people we knew from high school or Brian's mission. I even found a little girl I used to teach. Sad.