Friday, April 18, 2008

Houston Day 1

*Disclaimer: these pictures were taken with my point and shoot camera. Don't judge my photography skills by these pictures. Just kidding, enjoy!

Unfortunately the first day of our trip was spent entirely in airports. Since American Airlines decided to cancel so many flights it made every other airport crazy and insane! We got to the SLC airport as the sun was rising. It was actually about 7:00 am. We went to check in and they informed me that my flight to San Francisco was very delayed because of a mechanical problems. I was going to miss my connecting flight to Houston so they had to rebook me on a different flight. That flight wasn't supposed to leave until 1:30 so they set me up to fly standby for two other flights that were leaving before that. So we headed to out gate and just waited for the 9:40 flight to Denver.
That flight came and left without us on it. They were too full. So we waited some more until the next flight at 11:30.
The 11:30 flight was too full too so we were stuck waiting some more until our confirmed flight was supposed to board at 1:30. While waiting and waiting and waiting I realized that we should have boarded all ready and the plane wasn't there. I went and check the board and it said it was going to be 2 1/2 hours late. When I saw that I cried. Yes, I cried. The baby was being awesome, he hadn't even cried once, I was just really tired, frustrated and I really just wanted to be there all ready. We had been at the airport for almost 7 hours and I still needed to wait a few more until I was able to get on the plane. I was really annoyed because I was going to miss my connecting flight to Houston and they only had one more flight out that night. The way my luck was going I thought I was going to be stuck and miss going to the Temple on Saturday.
We finally boarded our flight to Denver at 4:00 and arrived at a little after 5:00. To my surprise the baby was asleep before we even took off and slept the entire way. What a good kid he is. We were stuck with a layover in Denver for about 1 hour and 45 min. We tried to play, we ate dinner and did everything I could to prepare for our longer flight to Houston. He still hadn't cried once!

11:00 pm Houston time was when we finally left the airport! With the time change I had been sitting in and airport or on a plane for 15 hours! I was EXHAUSTED! (I still am actually!) The baby didn't sleep at all on the flight to Houston, but he still didn't cry. I was so happy to be there and so happy to see my sister-in-law and brother-in law and their family.

We stayed in Houston instead of going to Bay City an hour away since we were going to the Temple there the next morning. It worked out awesome and we stayed with the coolest couple. They have only been married for a few weeks and were so happy to have 7 extra people staying with them! I was happy to have a place to lay down too! As soon as I hit my head to the pillow I was out! It was good because the next day was a busy one too! Good thing I didn't have to step foot in an airport!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like a frustrating day, but Yea for the little man - sounds like he was awesome!!