Monday, April 20, 2009

The kickoff!

Last year when my hubby was laid off from his job we knew that it wasn't going to easy. Not just financially but to keep our family strong. To not let the stress of everything get in the way of a happy family. We decided that it would be good for our family to take a day every week and do something fun. We started calling them our Family Adventures. We did some really fun things. I tried to blog about them, but there are so many that I didn't blog about. This year will be different, I plan on blogging about every one of them.

We have some good friends that came with us on almost every adventure that we went on last year and they are excited to do them with us this year. In fact we have 3 more families that most likely will be joining us. All 5 families had a Family Adventure kickoff BBQ at the park yesterday. It was pretty fun! I was able to get a few pictures. Check them out!


Baseball is Dude's new thing. He is pretty dang good at it. He was given a scholarship to play on a league here and has been enjoying it!
The Princess has been practicing the monkey bars at school but the ones at the park where up kind of high. She really wanted to try to do them, but I was being lazy. Our friend Brandon went over and helped her for the longest time. She had the best time!


This is just funny! You remember that Little Man has an obsession with hats right? Well did you know that he makes me put jackets on him just so he can wear the hat? Silly kid!


Princes has been trying hard to learn how to swing too. I sat there forever trying to teach her. She is the world's most uncoordinated little girl. But she still had fun!
So that is it. Our first Family Adventure of the season. We sat down and wrote out all the things that we want to do this year so stay tuned for more fun with our crazy family and occasionally an appearance of our crazy friends.

4 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

how fun! I always love your ideas.

Amy said...

I loved your photos- looks like you had a great time!

Holly said...

That looks like fun. You'll have to post your list of adventures to inspire the rest of us. Maybe you can have a contest to see who can go on the most adventures on your list.

Dorothy & Tony said...

Your kiddos are too cute! How are you??? It has been forever! Looks like life is wonderful. My Little guy just started soccer, oh that was fun! They are way too cute out on that field! I added you to my stalking list so I will be stalking you! Hee! Hee!