Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Little Man is 2!

I can't believe that 2 years has passed since this little guy was born. His birthday was actually on the 28th, but this last week has been really busy. And to top it off he has been sick all week so this is the first chance I can get to post his birthday wish. As they say "Late is better than never!"

What a joy he is. Even when he is acting 2. This little man has such an understanding of the world around him. Talking up a storm and always trying to make people laugh. He is always learning new things. Many times a day I hear him chanting "Daddy, watch this!"


This boy knows how to show his love for every member of the family. He loves to cuddle with daddy and follow him all around the yard. He loves to play with my hair and gently twists it through his fingers. He loves to play with his big brother and wakes up every morning calling his name and asking to watch cartoons. Him and his sister could play for hours together. He has this nickname for her that is adorable to hear him say. He has certainly found his place in our family!


Little man loves his blanket and binky still. He is rarely without one or the other. Sometimes both. He is a little man of touch. His hair stays long partially because of how much he loves to play with my hair and his own.
He has a collection of hats that are often used. And has a slight obsession with trucks. Dump trucks, fire trucks, garbage trucks and even our friend Brandon's truck. Somehow he knows when it is Friday and waits in the window all day so he can watch the garbage man.

We spent his birthday at an Easter Egg Hunt help for diabetics and their families. Dude and Princess got their faces painted. He wasn't really all that interest. Apparently Princess felt bad for him. Once we got home she took him into her room and painted his face with the makeup she got at the Easter Egg Hunt. I had to leave it for the rest of the day.


There is so much that I love about this kid. I hope that as he gets older he sees how special he is. His ability to touch people and to make people laugh. I also hope that he gets over his fear of heights and dogs.




I find that since he is my 3rd 2 year old I have been a little more relaxed. I try not to get angry when he empties out a the drawer of towels or when he unrolls a new roll of toilet paper. When he takes the bathroom stool ALL OVER the house to make him 6 inches taller it makes me laugh. Even if he uses it to sneak a treat of the counter. He is an explorer just like his older brother. He is sensitive just like his older sister and he is funny like his dad. He is an awesome little boy and I love him to death.



Happy 2nd Birthday Little Man! Your mommy loves you!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Little Man! What a cutie!

Becky said...

He's so cute....I can't believe he's two...our turn next. :(

RaCeNMoMmY said...

What a cutie pie=) Happy Birthday to your little man..

TravelMama said...

Time is going too fast! He's so sweet.