Thursday, April 30, 2009

She is 5!!!

I know I can't believe it either! Her birthday was on Tuesday (April 28th). She has been counting down the days till her birthday since Thanksgiving (or longer) so it is nice that they day finally came!

THREE years ago I wrote THIS post about her and her birthday. If you haven't read it I suggest you click on the link to read it. I still can't believe at the age of two her spirit and ability to teach me was so strong!

What do I say about this girl? Honestly, every time I go to talk about her on occasions like this I get a little teary eyed. I have been saying since she was born that she has a special mission on this earth. That is a statement that I will forever hold true for her. With her coming into our family so unexpectedly, me having post partum depression after she was born, to breaking her femur at 7 months old and being questioned for child abuse, and now diabetes. Every incident, with every step along the way she teaches me something new. She is stronger than most kids I know! Where she finds her strength and her will to succeed is beyond me. She has alot to teach and so so much to give.

When I found out I was pregnant with her (3 months into the pregnancy...again click on THIS link to read all about it) and her daddy and I were trying to get our world to stop spinning we went to the temple. While there, I kept thinking of the song I am a Child of God. The words to that song are this:
I am a child of God,
And he has sent me here,
Has given me an earthly home
With parents kind and dear.
Lead me, guide me, walk beside me,
Help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do
To live with him someday.


I realized that I have a duty. A duty to teach my beautiful Princess WHO she is and WHERE she belongs in the crazy world. That her life is so much more than playing with toys, dancing and singing songs. That she has a gift. Many of them actually. And as her parent I am here to guide her. She has been given many challenges already at such a young age. Some that I seem overwhelmed with most of the time yet she never batts a tear over it. As crazy as it is, I think again to the song that has almost been the theme of her life. The second verse says this:
I am a child of God,
And so my needs are great;
Help me to understand his words
Before it grows too late.


With all that has been placed in her path nothing has gotten her down. She has such a deep understanding of so many things: diabetes, love, charity. It is my prayer that she never forgets this. That as she grows older that she will she the difference she has made in the world. I love this girl. I know she is not done teaching me.
I promise I will always be here to listen.


And just because the third verse is so powerful:
I am a child of God.
Rich blessings are in store;
If I but learn to do his will
I'll live with him once more.


Happy Birthday Princess. You are an amazing little girl. I am so blessed to be your mom! Thank you for the spirit you bring into our home. I love you!
___________________________________________________________________
Just a few things about her.
She loves:
Littlest Pet Shops
Polly Pockets
Her bike
Whistling
Her Brothers
Her bear Dot
High School Musical
Hannah Montana
Singing
and Playing Dress Up
She is:
Sensitive
Creative
Silly
Helpful
Curious
Super fast learner (she can already read a ton of words)
and Playful
And just a quick side note. The pictures of her coloring on the sidewalk was how she spent the afternoon on her birthday. She colored the ENTIRE sidewalk with the chalk that our friend NaTasha gave her as a gift. She really is silly I tell ya!

6 comments:

Becky said...

nice post, momma. what a beautiful girl you have. :) sounds like she's pretty amazing too. AND creative!!! That's a lotta coloring. What fun!

Amy said...

Beautiful post about your Princess!! What a blessing she is!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post about a beautiful girl! I can not believe she is FIVE REALLY?? CRAZY!! I still remember when she was in my nursery class. WoW that was forever ago! :) Happy birthday to the Princess!!!

Jen said...

Your Princess is awesome - very creative and smart! I hope she had a wonderful birthday. I'm glad we have at least some femininity in our neighborhood full of boys!

RaCeNMoMmY said...

i love her & dont even know her. she sounds like such a wonderful, sweet, talented, spiritually young lady=) And boy is she beautiful!!

Holly said...

She really is something special. I still remember the day you said "guess what" and I said (total proof that there is ESP) "You're pregnant!". Too funny.