Monday, April 06, 2009

The New Look!

As some of you know when we bought our house 2 1/2 years ago it was a mess! I don't mean dirty, it was that too, but it needed a lot of work. We did so much to it. (You can catch on what we did here, here, here, here, here, here, and here but just know that now I have a very dark brown wall, a blue wall and a green wall. Nothing is the same color still)

I had never really liked my kitchen. Well, I loved the fancy tile work that my dad did for us, but everything else just wasn't good. The counter tops never really matched, the cabinets where almost orange, and nothing seemed to fit right. Our awesome neighbors redid their cabinets in their house and passed on the idea for our kitchen. It is this gel stain that you just paint on. You don't have to sand them or anything. It is the coolest stuff! My hubby worked really hard on it and I have to say it makes everything fit now. I don't hate the counter tops now, they match the dark brown so well. We continued the green wall from the family room into the kitchen and that just made everything perfect. Check it out!




Ohh, the cabinets used to be this color. I forgot to take a before picture, so this is the cabinet in the bathroom. They will be stained too! Soon!

Now forget about the orange...look at how awesome it is!



Thank you hubby for all your hard work! I love it!

15 comments:

RaCeNMoMmY said...

AWESOME!!! Love the color you picked. He did a great job.

Cheesesquid said...

wow, it looks amazing! i think catalog when i see it.

Tam said...

That looks AWESOME! Tell your hubby he did a great job.

Unknown said...

wow amazing! I want to do that to my kitchen now!! it looks beautiful!

Amy said...

Looks great- such a fresh feeling to it! Tell hubby good job!

Holly said...

Holy cow! It's like a whole new kitchen. Gorgeous! Good job guys!

TravelMama said...

Wow! More info on the gel PLEASE!!

Aubrey Anne said...

I LOVE IT!!! Beautiful!!!

*Amy* said...

The kitchen looks great. I love all that you have done to your house!

:) Tracie said...

WOW! Your kitchen looks great!!!

Maren said...

Wow Wow and Wow.

Those are beautiful cabinets!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Nice! I love the colors.

EngineeringNerd said...

I feel some gel stain coming on at the snow house!!

Samantha said...

Beautiful! I love the gel stain! It's the most amazing stuff.

Unknown said...

Your kitchen looks amazing!! What kind of stuff did he use? My kitchen cabinets look exactly like your "Before" and i would love to make them look as spectacular as yours :)
~Emily