Tuesday, January 01, 2008

The last 10 year in a timeline. Part 2

To continue my look back on the last 10 years of my life. If you missed part one you can see it here.

2000- On Feb. 25, 2000 my hubby and I were married for time and all eternity in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was the very best day of my life! We had made it! Accomplished our goal and were the happiest couple on the planet. Despite me being really sick and sitting in an Instacare for hours the next day. We headed off to West Yellowstone to go snowmobiling for our honeymoon.

Once back from our honeymoon life would start as just the two of us in our tiny duplex apartment. (Even though his sister lived next door). We loved life! That was until I started having problems at work. My boss was actually giving me a hard time for being LDS and a few other things. It was really hard to work there even though my new hubby worked around the corner from my desk. I happened to mention to them that I was going to look and see what other job opportunities where out there. They were so kind to say "We will give you 30 days to find a new job. Then we will have to let you go." Being a newlywed this was a very hard thing. We had only been married for about 2 months. The 30 days came and I still didn't have a job. I spent my first day of unemployment crying most of the morning because I had put or new little family in a bind. Then the phone rang. I had a new job by the next day.

I started an accounts receivable position at a place called Muzak. It was hard not driving to work with my hubby every day, but this new job was refreshing for me. I loved it. I was even making more money and new friends. This was a better opportunity for me!

During the rest of this year we had moved into my sister in laws old duplex apartment that was next door to our first place. It was bigger and nicer. We were feeling restless though. We wanted to buy a house.

2001- On our first year anniversary we found where we were going to build our new home. We had looked everywhere and really felt at home in the neighborhood that he had picked. We packed up all of our stuff and moved it all right into a storage unit. Then we stayed with my parents until our house was done. We lived there for 3 months and worked really hard on tile, paint, wiring and other small stuff to make sure that house was perfect. When move in day came I couldn't believe it! Married one year and we were able to build a new house! We couldn't have been more excited!

We were able to finish our front yard our first summer in our house. While working on it we had to park our cars in the driveway because the garage was so full of stuff for the yard. We woke up one Sunday morning and my little red Acura was stolen, our jeep had been broken in to and even our friends car that was parked there while he was in Oregon was broken in to. Tons of stuff gone or broken. We couldn't believe it!

After 4 days they found the guy that had taken my car driving it in Tooele. He was arrested and went to trial all to have the case dismissed. I am still annoyed by that to this day. Shortly after we got the car back we traded it in and got my Jeep Grand Cherokee. Too bad that Jeep was short lived.

1 comment:

moosh in indy. said...

Another reason Tooele is not to be trusted.
We went horseback riding, not a good HONEYMOON activity if you know what I mean...you know?