Friday, January 04, 2008

The last 10 year in a timeline. Part 3

To post this every day didn't exactly work. I have been sick this last week so I haven't been feeling like doing much, but today I felt that I needed to post a few more years of my history. (Sorry for those that are bored. I will post something for you a little later today) For those that are not bored and need to catch up you can check out part 1 here and part 2 here.

2002- After we moved into our house, got some of our yard done and even dealt with our car being stolen we had a pretty interesting year the year before. We also found some family members that needed places to stay. At the end of 2001 and into 2002 we had family members living with us. It was a little more frustrating that I thought, but at times it was actually fun. At the beginning of 2002 I had started to think about starting our family. My hubby was not. He was still working at Snowbird and was also going to school as much as he could. Life was really busy. We talked about it for months and months sometimes even argued about it. He had his really good reasons to wait a little longer but I really felt that it was time. So we agreed that we would just both have to pray about it a little harder.

In the mean time my job was going through some interesting changes. I had worked at Muzak for a little while and had really grown to like it. Little did I know that one day when I showed up to work everything was going to change. I got to work a little early and noticed that all the "BIG" bosses had flown into town and were all sitting in the office waiting for people to show up. As soon as I got there they asked me to join them in the office. I really thought I was going to be fired! They had said to me that they were going to be making some really big changes and were going to have a big meeting about it as soon as everyone gets there. After the meeting though they wanted to meet with everyone together, but at that time they wanted me to leave the building for a few hours. I had NO IDEA what was going on. I didn't have a car at the time so one of them loaned me their Mustang to drive around for about 3 hours. Finally I got a call that I could return to the office. I showed up to find out that everyone had been fired BUT me. CRAZY! At that point I really didn't understand what was going on, but was totally grateful that I still had a job. They changed my position and I was to be "the office person and sales support." What a change.

After praying about starting a family my hubby came to me and decided that now really was the right time. 2 weeks later I was pregnant. See I knew it was the right time! I knew that I had been blessed to not loose my job at such a life changing moment. We were super excited and I knew I was having a boy. What was even more fun about this is that my sister that got married 71 days after was going to have a baby 1 month before me! Fun times!

As winter came my hubby was getting excited to get out on the slopes and go boarding. They had opened the lifts but the terrain was still pretty crappy. He went anyway. He ended up catching an edge and falling on his shoulder and was pretty hurt. His friend rushed him to the emergency room then called me from there. I didn't have a car. My hubby's Jeep CJ5 had been having problems and had become impractical so we sold it. I got a ride to the ER with a friend. The doctors thought that he had broken his collar bone, but after many x-ray's they found out that he had just dislocated his sternum. He was in tons of pain! To be honest, to this day he still has problems with it hurting.

Life went on though with a pregnant wife and hurt hubby. Then New Years Eve came. Has anyone ever had the thought that how the very end of the year is is a sign to how the new year will be? Well, this was VERY true in our case that year. I had REALLY high blood pressure and was admitted to the hospital on New Years Eve and then started to go into pre-term labor. What a night. They got everything taken care of and I was released a little while before midnight.

2003- This year is ranked #2 for the year that I learned the most about myself. What a year! To start it off, the Jeep that we traded our car in for (that was a little less than a year old) was totaled when my hubby got rear ended in the fog by a huge truck. This was the beginning of January, by the end I was put on best rest for Toxemia.

On February 21 our first born child was born. Little dude was such a joy, but we were CLUELESS parents. It seemed that we fought all the time about little things because we were so tired and so stressed out. When I returned to work I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO BE THERE! I hated sending him to a babysitter every day! Plus my job was just not fun anymore. My hubby was unhappy at his job too! Those were some really hard times.

Little Dude was a little over 3 months old when I got a call at work from my hubby. He had just been laid off from his job (for no reason) and was heading back home. As if things couldn't have gotten any worse! I knew I hated my job and I honestly didn't know how much longer that office was going to stay open, so I started to look around a bit. Luckily I found a really good job being an Accountant for the Residential Living at the U of U. My hubby still unemployed, still with one working car, a new baby that really didn't like to sleep at night, and being TOTALLY poor I was a little stressed out. We all where.

I got sick and went to the doctor. It was nothing major but I need to have some tests done so I had been in a few times over a week or so. Then I got a call one night from my doctor, it was late, like 9:00 or so. He tells me that he has something that he needs to tell me. He even wanted me to sit down. I was scared. I thought he was going to tell me that I had cancer or something. Nope! Just that I was pregnant again. He was working late and had a feeling that he needed to take some of the urine sample that he had taken that day and do a test. He had no reason other than a feeling and it turned out that he was right. He thought it was great to call and tell me that, Me on the other hand almost died! Good thing I was sitting down!

So with a new job, new insurance, a new baby still, one income, and one car we were going to have another baby. We didn't know what else to do that night other than sit on the couch, in the dark and cry. After about 4 hours of just crying we decided to make a few changes. We decided that we would attend the temple that next morning to figure a few things out.

By the beginning of November or so my hubby had found a new job. In Orem. Ugh! Well at least it was a job and I could complain too much. We ended that year REALLY poor and really stressed, but it was still better than the end of the year before, we had a cute little boy and another baby on the way and we were both employed. (Not that I was happy about working, but I knew I had to keep a happy face for the sake of our sanity.)

No comments: